11.23.2010

Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie

oh my goodness! this stuff was crazy good!!! I'm not a big pecan person so I imagine the next time I make this I will crush the pecan's a bit more. I followed the recipe almost to the letter. I walk away from it sometimes and end up doing my own thing. Which might be what I should have done. I should have mixed half the chocolate chips into the corn syrup mix to get the chocolate distributed. and then mixed the rest in later with the pecans (and of course, crush the pecans more).
I also used a butter crust recipe.

1 (9 inch) pie shell
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup butter
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup bourbon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chip
1 cup chopped pecans

Directions 
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees F).
In a small saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter or margarine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter or margarine melts and sugar dissolves. Cool slightly.
In a large bowl combine eggs, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Mix well. Slowly pour sugar mixture into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until set and golden. May be served warm or chilled.


No comments:

Post a Comment

talk back!