1.06.2011

daring to dream...

Today I stopped in at one of my favorite antique stores. I was in another favorite antique store just the other day as well. I think it's hilarious that some of my first stops back in the states are my favorite antique stores! (ok, we hit up our favorite restaurants first!)

Anyway, I breezed through the store... stopping by all my favorite Shabby Chic booths and skimming over the rest. 


I dared to dream- an old fan, a little bird cage, old alarm clocks, wrought iron furniture, old glass bottles - I was excited and I was ready to decorate. Living out of suitcases will do it to you too. 


I was wondering today, how much longer we would wait- before hearing something on a job, which would then establish where we would live, which would eventually answer the "when", and all the millions of other questions I have.
I thought of all the things I packed up more than a year ago.
How I would arrange things.
How my favorite colors have changed.
How my style has changed.
If I would be ready to get rid of things I held onto for no apparent reason. So many questions.
But I do know... can't wait to decorate. can't wait to have my own space.


It took a bit of work, but I got them off the phone!!! yay! I can't wait to go back and look more closely for some fun items. Maybe catalog prices of things.. and see if they do layaways? that would be awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Did I write this??? Seriously. I think we're the same-ish person. :) We lived in my parent's 5th wheel for 5 months when we came home. I looked longingly at things I wanted to decorate with but had no where to put. I planned projects. My style had changed. I had stored & packed things that I no longer wanted... I'm excited for you guys to finally be Home. You'll make it beautiful!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

talk back!