8.20.2010

Alfredo Sauce plus Fettuccine

This is a slight detour from my series currently... but enjoy!
Oh, trying to be creative... My husband asked me what was for dinner... I told him I had green noodles somewhere... and I was serious. I love free leftover food from people... don't worry I got them uncooked!
But seriously, what's in them to make them green?
My hubby voted for seaweed. uh. no. I'm sticking with spinach. it's sounds better, plus it was on the box.
Interesting fact though: Fettuccine (apparently) literally means "little ribbons" in Italian.

Alfredo:
1/4 cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp of pepper
1/4 tsp of salt

Directions
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low hear. Add cream; simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cheese and whisk quickly. Allow it to simmer for a few minutes to thicken. Stir in salt, pepper, and parsley. Serve over fettuccine.
How easy is that? Doesn't taste quite like they make it in Italian restaurants or like the chemical rich alfredo sauce available in stores now!  Sorry had to... but it has a great homemade taste.... so Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk back!