7.27.2011

Zesty Tuna Salad

Now, I am not a huge fan of tuna. period. I rarely eat it. But I found a recipe that sounded really good. I mean, come on, it's better than the tuna and mayo slush they have at Scumway. (I can call it that, I use to work there!)
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com
I made it better, I added a bit more mayo mixing fat free and regular, to keep the taste but not the calories. I also added an additional teaspoon on sweet relish. it sounded so good, then it tasted good too!

2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
2 teaspoons mayonnaise (or 4)
2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish (or 3)
2 teaspoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Mash tuna in a small bowl with a fork. Add mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard, celery, onion, and black pepper; stir to combine. Chill and serve.
And it's delicious on a croissant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk back!