7.25.2011

keeping cool...

In this heat wave, I am trying to have cool thoughts. I decided on popsicles. I have several keeping cool ideas but I'll just share this for now. you can use a popsicle tray or plastic cups and wooden popsicle sticks.
So here's my recipe:

Mango Pineapple Pops
1 Mango, peeled and sliced
6-8 chunks of pineapple (preferably fresh)
1 large scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
less than 1/4 cup of orange juice 
honey


Place first 3 ingredients in the blender. Use orange juice to help with movement in the blender (but not to much- you want it thick). If you have a sweet tooth use a squeeze of honey to sweeten the deal. Pour into tray (or cups) add tops (or popsicle sticks). Place in freezer.
Makes 6 small popsicles.

I used the leftovers with club soda and cranberry/pomegranate juice to make a sweet little drink for right now!

Other Ideas:
Gogurts- Pop them in the freezer instead of the frig. They make excellent popsicles and are a bit healthier than the sugar loaded popsicles you can buy in the freezer section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk back!