4.23.2011

secret obsession & Chicken with Mango Salsa

So it's not so secret. I love food. I love cooking. and.... I love cooking shows.
I also love experimenting though I usually talk myself out of extreme things. Every once in a while I see something tempting, especially if there's chocolate involved, and I want to try to recreate it. So this is me recreating without chocolate.

Chicken Marinade
1/4 cup of Bourbon
1/2 cup of soy sauce
1 packet of Mojito Lime Seasoning minus 1-2 tbsp
1/2 tsp of chili powder
1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes

Mix together and add 3-4 chicken breast. Marinate in a shallow pan or a ziploc bag. Cover or seal and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.

Mango Salsa
1 mango
2 tbsp of vinegar
4 tbsp of sugar
1/2 tsp of pepper
1/2 tsp of chili powder

Dice mango into small chunks. In bowl, mix together other ingredients. Add mango, toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.

Heat skillet to medium-high on stove. Place chicken in skillet; cook for a few minutes on each side til it turn white with a little brown. Transfer to pan or cast-iron skillet. Rub the chicken with olive oil and then
sprinkle with remaining Lime seasoning. Cover pan with foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
While the chicken was baking I made rice, using half the amount of water called for and replacing the other half with chicken broth. In the last 5 minutes of cooking I added thinly sliced green onion and a sprinkle of fresh ground pepper.
Remove the chicken from oven. Place on bed of rice. Drain excess liquid from Mango Salsa. Spoon chilled mango onto chicken and serve.
It looks amazing and taste amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk back!