6.29.2010

italia!

a good friend of mine ;) went to Italy recently. what a bummer place to go on vacation, right? *note sarcastic tone* Well, anyway she brought me back a package of pasta. I have never seen anything like this before, but I was excited! It looked like rolled up pizza dough. I translated the instructions. Slice it. Boil it for 2-3 (yep) minutes in salt water. Drain. Top with seasonings or sauce. this is my abbreviated version. Don't worry i followed the real directions.
I was freaking out. As it was cooking it was looking less and less like any pasta I had ever had, but I couldn't cook it any longer either. It would have fallen apart! So I topped it with some Olive oil, seasonings and Parmesan cheese. It turned out pretty good. Had a strange consistency, but it was definitely Italian, with a hint of pancakeness. We ate half of it like that and then added some "spaghetti" sauce to it, to see if it was good that way too. It was. My improvements for next time will be to slice it thinner, I think it should be the same thickness of fettuccine. and add more Parmesan cheese. (just because everything is better with parmesan)
Haley- thank you for this cooking adventure! I will treasure it always! And next time you go to Italy, you can bring me back anything. Adventure is my middle name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk back!