10.09.2013

Pork Tenderloin (Bourbon Maple Sauce!)

This was a cheater recipe... but hey, we all have them! and we all have those days!
My hubby had decided we should have pork more since I keep cooking chicken even though he'd rather not have it as often as I cook it. So I was looking over the Pork selections at the store and the fresh meat seemed really fatty, so I took a closer look at the pre-packaged selection. There were a few different "flavors" and the Bourbon Maple caught my eye. This I can do! 

6 slices of bacon (8 depending on the size)
1-2 cups of Bourbon*
1/4 cup of maple syrup (keep the bottle handy)
1/4 brown sugar
1-2 cups of water*
salt
pepper

mushrooms
onions
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp flour

In a slow cooker mix bourbon, maple syrup, brown sugar and water Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
Wrap the bacon around the pork. (I overlapped them at an angle and then set the pork on them and then wrapped them around.) Place in slow cooker. Drizzle some syrup on top of the bacon. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.

Saute mushrooms and onions in oil on medium heat until they soften. Stir in flour and allow the flour to soak up the oil on low heat. Stir in the bourbon-maple mixture from the slow cooker. Simmer on low heat until the sauce thickens. Move pork onto serving plate and pour sauce on top. Serve!

*These depend on the size of your slow cooker/crockpot and the size of your tenderloin. I wanted the liquids to cover the bottom of the pot and come up the sides of the tenderloin a little. The water will evaporate a little and leave behind the taste anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk back!