9.05.2009

Baked Rigatoni


I have cooked this meal before, and alas I am cooking it again. With new ingredients, trying new things and feeling a lot more miserable then I did the last time I made this. I should learn to not cook sausage when I feel nauseated. I am making Baked Rigatoni. and I'm cheating on the bread, so I won't tell you how I put that together.
 

recipe: 1 spoon of garlic
1/4 of a green pepper and a red pepper, minced
1/4 of an onion, minced

1 mushroom, minced (eeww! why do you think I minced it? I won't be able to find it.)
3 links of Italian sausage
1-2 cups of spaghetti sauce (depending on how saucy you like it)

1/2 a box of rigatoni.

Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese

Saute garlic, peppers, onion and mushroom together in pan. Cook a few minutes til onion starts browning. Transfer to bowl and set aside. Start water boiling for Rigatoni and cook as prepared. Brown sausage (while noodles are boiling). Drain grease. (Use a paper towel to soak up extra grease.) Stir in the veggies and spaghetti sauce. Drain noodles.

Layer Sausage mixture and Noodles. Top with cheese. Cook in oven at whatever temperature your bread is baking at for 10 minutes or til cheese is melted thoroughly.
voilà! or bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk back!