9.12.2009

Chicken in Peanut Sauce


Well, I got the idea for this meal from a REAL recipe, and then concocted my own. I used a lot more spices and frankly I could tell! My tongue was singing!
Ok, so here is the recipe: (remember I threw it together) (serves 2)
2-3 chicken breasts (can be frozen or thawed)
cornstarch or flour
1-2 tbsp of butter and oil (the best of both worlds)
1 package of noodles (spaghetti or thinner, or rice noodles)
1 spoon of garlic
1/4 of a red pepper (chopped)
Peanut Sauce
Soy sauce
1/4 cup of brown sugar
4 green onions (chopped at a 45 degree angle)

I think that's all the ingredients. Boil the chicken for 10 minutes, or until cooked through (I used this as a chance to steam some vegetables.) Cut the chicken into strips and sprinkle lightly with flour or cornstarch. Start noodles. Cook as directed on the package. Heat the oil/butter to sizzling and then turn down to medium heat. Add chicken. Allow the chicken to brown on both sides. Add garlic and red peppers, saute for a minute. Sprinkle on the brown sugar. Stir in 1/4 to 1/2 cups (each) of the soy sauce and peanut sauce, just so a little is leftover. Stir in green onions. Strain cooked noodles. Stir in a few tablespoons of peanut sauce to the noodles. Top with chicken mixture. Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

talk back!